Charlack MO Criminal Defense Lawyer - just $450
- First and foremost, an experienced criminal defense attorney is going to know the ins and outs of the court system (and very often will have a good working relationship with the prosecutor and judge)
- If you choose to represent yourself, the court will not cut you a break just because you didn’t go to law school (in fact, if you try and explain that you don’t know how the law works, the judge will likely tell you, “Go hire an attorney!”)
- But a good attorney can usually get the existing charge reduced down to a minor infraction (something that will not show up on your permanent record)
- Unfortunately, this is exactly what most people do (i.e. plead guilty). But what those folks do not realize is that such a decision will have a lasting impact on their lives. Why? Because a guilty plea will allow the state to put the charge on your permanent record.
- If the charge becomes a part of your record, it will show up as a criminal conviction to anyone wishing to run a basic background check.
- This will in turn create problems when you apply for a job, try to rent an apartment, take out a student loan, or seek governmental assistance.
- Yes, and probably the most significant difference is the degree to which the state of Missouri treats each classification. Felonies are reserved for those acts that severe in nature (or very harmful to people and/or property); misdemeanors are of lesser severity (such as a common trespassing charge)
- As a result, felonies can come with a great deal of jail time and high fines
- But only the state (or feds) can issue a felony; individual municipalities are limited to issuing only misdemeanors
The affordable St Louis, MO criminal defense attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their criminal charges for over ten (10) years. We want to do everything we can to help you get the best possible outcome! We want to make sure that your record stays as clean!! And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis misdemeanor charge start at $450. Our fees for a low level felony charge start at $750. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!