Creve Coeur MO Criminal Defense Lawyer - just $450
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES IN HIRING A DEFENSE ATTORNEY TO HANDLE MY CHARGE?
1. Many people believe that the best route to take when charged with a criminal offense is to represent themselves (to save money, or because they think that a misdemeanor is “no big deal”). But if you choose this route, then you should be aware of the fact that the court will not give you any special treatment just because are not a lawyer. In fact, most judges will smirk when you tell them that you don’t know how the criminal justice system works (I have heard many a judge respond with, “Then go hire an attorney!”)
2. But a good attorney can almost always work out some sort of favorable deal on your behalf with the local prosecutor. This often times results in a reduction of the charges, or in some cases, a complete dismissal.
3. And in our opinion, these services should be performed at a reasonable cost – we only charge $450 for most misdemeanors in the St Louis area!
CAN YOU DISCUSS THE POTENTIAL CONSEQUENCES OF PLEADING GUILTY TO THE CHARGE?
1. First and foremost, a guilty plea will ensure that the charge ends up on your permanent record (as a criminal conviction)
2. The worst part about this is that anyone wishing to perform a background check will see it plain as day
3. This can result in some negative consequences for you if that someone is a potential employer, landlord, lending institution, or government agency
WHAT ARE THE MAIN DIFFERENCES BETWEEN A FELONY AND A MISDEMEANOR?
1. The state and federal governments are the only entities that can issue a felony (municipalities can only charge you with a misdemeanor)
2. Felonies are reserved for those crimes that the state believes to be much more severe in nature, scope, and degree
The affordable St Louis, MO criminal defense attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their criminal charges for over ten (10) years. We want to do everything we can to help you get the best possible outcome! We want to make sure that your record stays as clean!! And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis misdemeanor charge start at $450. Our fees for a low level felony charge start at $750. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!