Des Peres MO Criminal Defense Lawyer - just $450
- Yes, and the main benefit would be that an attorney will have the knowledge and expertise to work out a favorable outcome for you. This is very accomplished by getting the charges reduced to a minor infraction (so that nothing negative will appear on your record), or by getting the charge thrown out altogether.
- You can of course defend yourself (that is certainly your right). But just know that 9 times out of 10, people representing themselves do nothing more than plead guilty to the charge. This is because these folks have no idea how the system works.
- And although most law firms charge very high fees for their services, we think they should be as low as possible (so that more people have access to legal counsel). Our firm only charges $450 for most misdemeanors in the St Louis area.
- This is exactly what most folks end up doing. They choose to represent themselves, roll the dice, and hope for the best. But in the end, the unrepresented defendant has no idea how to negotiate a deal with the prosecutor (nor will the prosecutor be all that psyched about explaining how the criminal justice system operates).
- And while a guilty plea will put an end to your day in court, it will actually cause for worse problems for you long term
- Pleading guilty will put the charge on your permanent record
- This means anyone running a simple criminal background check will see it (like a potential employer)
- Felonies can come with some pretty harsh jail sentences
- Felonies are commonly described as criminal activity that can do great harm to people and/or property
- Only the state and/or federal governments can issue felonies
The affordable St Louis, MO criminal defense attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their criminal charges for over ten (10) years. We want to do everything we can to help you get the best possible outcome! We want to make sure that your record stays as clean!! And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis misdemeanor charge start at $450. Our fees for a low level felony charge start at $750. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!