Ellendale MO Criminal Defense Lawyer - just $450
- If you do not know how to negotiate a plea bargain with the local prosecutor (and make the necessary arguments in front of the judge, and how to navigate the complex paperwork of the clerk’s office), then you are taking a huge risk with your future.
- The chances of you receiving a positive outcome by yourself are very slim. This isn’t because you are stupid. In fact, it takes most lawyers many years before they are comfortable handling criminal cases.
- But a good attorney can usually get most charges reduced to a lesser infraction (so that nothing negative appears on your record)
- You could face jail time, fines, and court costs. You could misunderstand the conditions of your guilty plea, and end up facing more jail time. And you will definitely spend many, many hours of your life trying to figure out how the whole thing works.
- But probably the worst consequence of pleading guilty is that charge will become a part of your permanent record
- This will mean anyone running a criminal background check on you will see it. This will in turn have a tremendous impact on your chances of getting a decent job (or renting an apartment, or seeking student financial aid, or receiving governmental assistance)
- One of the biggest differences is that only the state of Missouri can charge you with a felony; individual municipalities can limited to issuing misdemeanors
- Misdemeanors are fairly simple criminal infractions (like trespassing, peace disturbance, or petty theft); felonies are reserved for behavior that is much more severe (like arson, burglary, and aggravated assault)
The affordable St Louis, MO criminal defense attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their criminal charges for over ten (10) years. We want to do everything we can to help you get the best possible outcome! We want to make sure that your record stays as clean!! And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis misdemeanor charge start at $450. Our fees for a low level felony charge start at $750. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!