Ellisville MO Criminal Defense Lawyer - just $450
- You can always represent yourself, but if you choose this route, then you should be aware of the fact that most folks do nothing more than plead guilty to the charge.
- Why do most people plead guilty? Because they don’t have a clue how to navigate the complex world of the criminal justice system (a system that can be far more unjust they would have you believe)
- But if you retain the services of an experienced lawyer, he or she will be in a good position to achieve a favorable outcome for you. This is very often accomplished by working closely with the local prosecutor to get the charges reduced to some minor offense (so that nothing ends up on your record)
- Yes, quite a few. Because a guilty plea will allow the state to put the charge onto your permanent record as a criminal conviction.
- A criminal conviction on your record will muck up your future in ways that you probably could not predict.
- This is because many of the people and/or institutions you deal with later in life will often run a simple background check on you.
- So potential employment, apartments, student loans, or government assistance programs will very likely be ruined for you.
- Felonies are reserved for high degrees of criminal activity (such as murder, arson, and burglary); misdemeanors are far less severe (like common trespassing and petty theft)
- Only the state of Missouri can charge you with a felony; individual municipalities are limited to misdemeanors
The affordable St Louis, MO criminal defense attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their criminal charges for over ten (10) years. We want to do everything we can to help you get the best possible outcome! We want to make sure that your record stays as clean!! And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis misdemeanor charge start at $450. Our fees for a low level felony charge start at $750. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!