Florissant MO Criminal Defense Lawyer - just $450
ARE THERE CERTAIN ADVANTAGES IN HIRING A GOOD DEFENSE ATTORNEY?
1. Yes, there are lots of advantages! You wouldn’t operate on yourself, would you? You wouldn’t try and calculate the amortization rates of your mortgage, would you? Then you certainly do not want to represent yourself in a criminal matter. But if you make that decision, please note that the court (i.e. judge and prosecutor) will not give you any leeway just because you didn’t go to law school! The court will regard you as if you are in fact an attorney.
2. Most attorneys are able to get criminal charges reduced to a lesser infraction (so that it does not become a part of your permanent record). And in some situations, the attorney can even get the charge thrown out altogether (depending on the facts of your case).
3. And if the attorney is affordable, then he/she can handle your case at a reasonable rate! For example, we only charge $450 for most misdemeanor cases in the St Louis area.
PLEADING GUILT IS NOT YOUR BEST OPTION!!
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT TO HAPPEN IF I PLEAD GUILTY TO THE CHARGE?
1. When you plead guilty to a charge leveled against you, it will go onto your permanent record as a criminal conviction
2. A criminal conviction will show up on a simple background check
3. So when you go to apply for a job in the future, the potential employer will see it (same goes for a landlord, bank, or government agency)
ARE THERE MAJOR DIFFERENCES BETWEEN A FELONY AND A MISDEMEANOR?
1. The biggest difference is the one that most people already know about – a felony charge is treated much more severely than a simple misdemeanor (in terms of potential jail time and fines)
2. The only government entities that can issue a felony are the state and feds (individual municipalities are limited to misdemeanors only)
The affordable St Louis, MO criminal defense attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their criminal charges for over ten (10) years. We want to do everything we can to help you get the best possible outcome! We want to make sure that your record stays as clean!! And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis misdemeanor charge start at $450. Our fees for a low level felony charge start at $750. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!