Franklin County MO Criminal Defense Lawyer - just $450
- No, it’s not necessary. You can represent yourself. But the vast majority of people in this kind of situation end up pleading guilty. They do this not because they are stupid. Rather, it is usually because they do not realize that there is a different option available (or because they could not afford a high-priced defense attorney).
- But a good attorney will know how to negotiate a favorable outcome on your case (like getting the charges reduced to a lesser infraction, or in some cases getting the entire charge thrown out)
- And if the attorney is affordable, he or she can accomplish this goal at a reasonable rate (we only charge $450 for a typical misdemeanor in St Louis)
- The first thing that you should know is that a plea of guilty will allow the state to put the charge onto your permanent record (where it will stay forever as a criminal conviction)
- If an outside entity or person were to run a background check on you, it would show up
- This will would make things terribly difficult for you when applying for a job, or renting an apartment, or taking out governmental assistance
- A felony charge can come with extensive jail time and high fines; felonies are normally reserved for conduct that is severe in nature and form; misdemeanors are generally of a lesser degree (like trespassing)
- If you are charged with a felony, then you know it is St Louis County, St Louis City, or the federal government; individual municipalities can only issue misdemeanors
The affordable St Louis, MO criminal defense attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their criminal charges for over ten (10) years. We want to do everything we can to help you get the best possible outcome! We want to make sure that your record stays as clean!! And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis misdemeanor charge start at $450. Our fees for a low level felony charge start at $750. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!