Jennings MO Criminal Defense Lawyer - just $450
- The first thing to point out is that seeking proper legal counsel is the best way to ensure that your rights are protected. But if you do choose to represent yourself (or just roll the dice without the help of a lawyer), then you should know that the court will give you no extra leeway just because you didn’t attend law school. The judge and prosecutor will treat you as if you are in fact a lawyer.
- But if you do retain the services of an experienced law firm, then you will be in a good position to receive a favorable outcome. In most cases, the attorney will be able to get the charge reduced to a lesser infraction (so that nothing shows up on your record). And in a few situations, we can get the charges dismissed completely.
- Pleading guilty to the charge will result in some long term negative impacts on your future. This is because when you plead guilty, the state will put it on your permanent record (and it will show up as a criminal conviction).
- Once it is on your record, then anyone running a simple background check will be able to see it
- So if you are planning on applying for a job, renting an apartment, taking out a student loan, or you are set to receive government benefits, this will put a stranglehold on your chances (because you’ll likely be screened out as a candidate).
- One difference that most people do not know about is the fact that only the state and federal government can issue felony charges; smaller municipalities are limited to misdemeanors
- If charged with a felony, you could face significant jail time and very high fines
The affordable St Louis, MO criminal defense attorneys at The Bankruptcy Company, have been helping people with their criminal charges for over ten (10) years. We want to do everything we can to help you get the best possible outcome! We want to make sure that your record stays as clean!! And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis misdemeanor charge start at $450. Our fees for a low level felony charge start at $750. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!