Kirkwood MO Criminal Defense Lawyer - just $450
WILL IT REALLY MAKE THAT BIG OF A DIFFERENCE IF I HIRE AN ATTORNEY TO HELP ME?
1. Quite a bit, yes. And the reason why is simple: if you are not already on a first name basis with the prosecutor and/or judge, then you are going to have less of a chance at securing a favorable outcome for yourself.
2. Unfortunately, most people end up representing themselves. Sometimes the reason is purely economic (they do not have the ability to shell out thousands of dollars). But very often it is because they don’t realize there is even an alternative option.
3. But a good attorney can usually get the charge reduced to some minor infraction (so that nothing negative will show up on your record); or in some cases, we can even get the charge thrown out altogether.
PLEADING GUILTY IS NOT YOUR BEST OPTION!!
SO THEN WHAT ARE THE CONSEQUENCES OF PLEADING GUILTY?
1. It will end up on your permanent record
2. Once there, it can be accessed and seen by anyone running a simple criminal background check
3. This will cause many issues when you apply for a job, rent an apartment, or seek governmental benefits
ARE THERE SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCES BETWEEN A FELONY AND A MISDEMEANOR?
1. A felony is going to be criminal activity that is fairly severe (like arson or murder)
2. As a result, felonies are going to come with much longer jail sentences and fines
3. Only the state and federal government can issue a felony
The affordable St Louis, MO criminal defense attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their criminal charges for over ten (10) years. We want to do everything we can to help you get the best possible outcome! We want to make sure that your record stays as clean!! And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis misdemeanor charge start at $450. Our fees for a low level felony charge start at $750. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!