Marijuana Possession Charges in Oakville, MO - for as little as $450
What is the best thing to do when you are charged with possession of marijuana in or near Oakville, MO? What is the best way to learn your legal rights and options under the law? What is the difference between a legal and illegal search conducted by the police? What is the difference between getting caught with more or less than 35 grams of the drug? What are the consequences of simply pleading guilty to the charge?
WE WANT TO GET THE MARIJUANA CHARGE REDUCED SO THAT IT DOES NOT SHOW UP ON YOUR RECORD
These are excellent questions that everyone should ask when they find themselves in this kind of situation. But most people do not take the time to look into their options when they are charged in Oakville MO with marijuana possession. Here are some key reasons why it is a good idea to retain the services of an experienced attorney:
1. An attorney can work closely with the prosecutor to get the charge reduced to something smaller (like “littering”)
2. An attorney can make sure that a drug conviction stays off of your permanent record
3. An attorney can help to ensure that you are saddled with such a blemish in the future
As of January 1, 2017, the following laws regarding marijuana possession went into effect:
1. If you are caught with less 10 grams of marijuana, it is a Class D Misdemeanor (unless you’ve already been convicted on a prior possession charge, in which case it would be a Class A Misdemeanor)
2. If you are caught with between 10 – 35 grams, it is a Class A Misdemeanor
3. If you are caught with between 35 grams – 30 kilograms, it is a Class C Felony
$450 TO TAKE CARE OF MOST MISDEMEANOR MARIJUANA CHARGES
And just in case that were not enough, you would also have to deal with the long term consequences of pleading guilty as well!! For example, a drug conviction on your permanent record can a lasting impact on whether or not you get a good job, get a decent apartment, or even receive certain licenses. Instead of dealing with this, it is far better to seek out a lawyer’s help!
Oakville, MO is a city in St. Louis County.
The affordable Oakville, MO marijuana possession attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their drug charges for over ten (10) years. Our goal is to make sure that the charges leveled against you do not stay on your permanent record, and do any lasting damage. And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis marijuana possession case start at $450. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!