Marijuana Possession Charges in Overland, MO - for as little $450
Is there an active charge for possession of marijuana in or near Overland, MO (or somewhere in the St. Louis area)? Is this charge for more than 35 grams of marijuana or less? When the police officer found the drugs, did he or she perform that search lawfully (or unlawfully)? Are you now thinking about your options and legal rights? Are you aware of the benefits of hiring an experienced lawyer to help you through the process?
WE WANT TO GET THE MARIJUANA CHARGE REDUCED SO THAT IT DOES NOT SHOW UP ON YOUR RECORD
If you are reading those questions while shaking your head no, then it is probably time to speak with an experienced attorney!! Why? Here are a few reasons:
1. An experienced attorney can work closely with the prosecutor to get the charge reduced to some lesser offense!
2. An experienced attorney can investigate whether or not an illegal search was performed to find the drugs!
3. An experienced attorney can explain how the law works and make you aware of your rights!!
Now if you decide to do nothing (which is exactly what the vast majority of people in Overland MO do when it comes to a charge of marijuana possession), then you will be facing some stiff consequences.
As of January 1, 2017, the following laws regarding marijuana possession went into effect:
1. If you are caught with less 10 grams of marijuana, it is a Class D Misdemeanor (unless you’ve already been convicted on a prior possession charge, in which case it would be a Class A Misdemeanor)
2. If you are caught with between 10 – 35 grams, it is a Class A Misdemeanor
3. If you are caught with between 35 grams – 30 kilograms, it is a Class C Felony
$450 TO TAKE CARE OF MOST MISDEMEANOR MARIJUANA CHARGES
And this is to say nothing of the unforeseen consequences that is dealt to you when you plead guilty. Getting a good job is very difficult with a drug charge on your record (and if you volunteer at a non-profit organization, there is a good chance that they will not have you back in the future); getting a decent apartment can be quite a chore (landlords habitually run background checks on potential leases); and if your goal is to get a commercial driver’s license or government benefits, then having a clean record is optimal.
Overland, MO is a city in St. Louis County.
The affordable Overland, MO marijuana possession attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their drug charges for over ten (10) years. Our goal is to make sure that the charges leveled against you do not stay on your permanent record, and do any lasting damage. And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis marijuana possession case start at $450. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!