Marijuana Possession Charges in Pasadena Park, MO - for as little as $450
Have you recently been charged with possession of marijuana in Pasadena Park, MO (or somewhere near the St. Louis area)? Does this charge list you as having more or less than 35 grams in your possession? When the police officer performed a search to find the drugs, did he or she make sure that your Constitutional rights were not violated? Are you now thinking about what you should do, including the possibility of simply pleading guilty? Do you know what the short and long term consequences of that act are? Are you aware of the benefits of hiring an experienced attorney?
WE WANT TO GET THE MARIJUANA CHARGE REDUCED SO THAT IT DOES NOT SHOW UP ON YOUR RECORD
These are of course serious questions that you should contemplate very seriously before you take any action involving a charge of marijuana possession in Pasadena Park, MO. Unfortunately, most people in this area simply plead guilty. They do this because they think it is the easiest way to get rid of the situation, and to put it behind them. But simply pleading guilty is not the smartest thing you can do, because the last thing it will do is to put it “behind you”. Here are a few reasons why:
1. A drug conviction on your permanent record can make your future job prospects bleak
2. A marijuana possession charge can reduce your chances of getting a student loan, certain government benefits, and make it incredibly difficult to renew a commercial driver’s license
3. Pleading guilty will allow the state to potentially sentence you to a fairly severe jail term and hefty fine.
As of January 1, 2017, the following laws regarding marijuana possession went into effect:
1. If you are caught with less 10 grams of marijuana, it is a Class D Misdemeanor (unless you’ve already been convicted on a prior possession charge, in which case it would be a Class A Misdemeanor)
2. If you are caught with between 10 – 35 grams, it is a Class A Misdemeanor
3. If you are caught with between 35 grams – 30 kilograms, it is a Class C Felony
But at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we have a much different plan in mind. What we want to accomplish is one of two things: 1) get the charges reduced to some lesser offense (like “littering,” which does not even show up on your record); or 2) get the charges dropped altogether (this can sometimes be worked out when the police officer conducted an illegal search that violated your Constitutional rights). If either of these outcomes sounds better than jail time and subpar employment in the future, then you should call us immediately!!
$450 TO TAKE CARE OF MOST MISDEMEANOR MARIJUANA CHARGES
Pasadena Park, MO is a city in north St. Louis County.
The affordable Pasadena Park, MO marijuana possession attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their drug charges for over ten (10) years. Our goal is to make sure that the charges leveled against you do not stay on your permanent record, and do any lasting damage. And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis marijuana possession case start at $450. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!