Marijuana Possession Charges in Penrose, MO - for as little as $450
Did you recently get charged with possession of marijuana in or around Penrose, MO? When the police officer performed the search to find the drugs, did he or she conduct that search legally (or were your Constitutional rights violated in the process)? Do you know if you were caught with more or less than 35 grams of marijuana? Do you know why that makes such a big difference in how you can be charged? Are you now considering the possibility of simply pleading guilty? Are you aware of the benefits of hiring a good lawyer to help you get through the process?
WE WANT TO GET THE MARIJUANA CHARGE REDUCED SO THAT IT DOES NOT SHOW UP ON YOUR RECORD
If this list of questions sounds like information you wish to learn about, then it is high time to contact an experienced attorney!! Why? Take a look below at some of the reasons:
1. An attorney can work closely with the prosecutor to get the charges reduced to a relatively minor offense (like “littering,” an infraction that would not even show up on your permanent record)!!
2. An attorney can help to make sure that you do not do any jail time (especially if it is your first offense)!!
3. An affordable attorney can do all these services for a reasonable price (most marijuana possession charges in Penrose, MO can be handled for only $375)!!
As of January 1, 2017, the following laws regarding marijuana possession went into effect:
1. If you are caught with less 10 grams of marijuana, it is a Class D Misdemeanor (unless you’ve already been convicted on a prior possession charge, in which case it would be a Class A Misdemeanor)
2. If you are caught with between 10 – 35 grams, it is a Class A Misdemeanor
3. If you are caught with between 35 grams – 30 kilograms, it is a Class C Felony
But the unfortunate fact is that most people simply chose to plead guilty to the charge. Pleading guilty, however, can have a lasting negative impact on your future. For instance, if you want to get a good paying job in the future (or keep your existing one), then having a drug conviction on your record is like poison. If you are looking for a decent apartment to rent, then a Penrose marijuana charge can come back to haunt you when the landlord runs a background check. And if you are expecting to receive certain governmental benefits each month, then a marijuana conviction will essentially eliminate that possibility moving forward.
$450 TO TAKE CARE OF MOST MISDEMEANOR MARIJUANA CHARGES
And finally, there is the sentence itself: if you are caught with less than 35 grams, it is a Class A Misdemeanor (with up to one (1) year of jail time and a $1,000 fine); or if you are caught with more than 35 grams of marijuana, then it is a Class C Felony (which comes with up to seven (7) years in jail and a $5,000 fine). As you can see, hiring an attorney is a far better course of action!!
Penrose, MO is a city in St. Louis County.
The affordable Penrose, MO marijuana possession attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their drug charges for over ten (10) years. Our goal is to make sure that the charges leveled against you do not stay on your permanent record, and do any lasting damage. And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis marijuana possession case start at $450. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!