Marijuana Possession Charges in South St. Louis County, MO - for as little as $450
Has a charge of marijuana possession been handed down to you recently in South St. Louis County, MO (or anywhere in the St. Louis area)? Do you know if the amount of the marijuana is more or less than 35 grams? Do you know why that is an important question? Do you know how the court treats the distinction between the two amounts? Did the police officer search you in a lawful manner? Or did he/she perform an illegal search and seizure? Are you now contemplating your options? Do you have a solid understanding of your legal rights?We Want to Get the Marijuana Charge Reduced So That It Does Not Show Up on Your Record
If you are not entirely sure about the answers to these questions, then it is a good idea that you speak with an experienced attorney!! Why? Here are a couple of reasons:
- An experienced attorney can usually get the South St. Louis County marijuana charge reduced to a lesser offense (to something minor, like “littering,” an infraction that does not even show up on your permanent record). This option is almost always available for first time offenders.
- An experienced attorney may have a chance to get the charge thrown out altogether (this option is less likely, but can come into play when the officer conducts an unlawful search that violates your Constitutional rights)
- An experienced attorney can help to make sure that the charge does not show up on your record. This in turn will ensure that any potential employment opportunities in the future will not be damaged by a drug conviction that would show up on a criminal background check.
As of January 1, 2017, the following laws regarding marijuana possession went into effect:
- If you are caught with less 10 grams of marijuana, it is a Class D Misdemeanor (unless you’ve already been convicted on a prior possession charge, in which case it would be a Class A Misdemeanor).
- If you are caught with between 10 – 35 grams, it is a Class A Misdemeanor.
- If you are caught with between 35 grams – 30 kilograms, it is a Class C Felony.
South St. Louis County, MO is a portion of St. Louis County that is commonly referred to as the area south of I-44 and east of 141.
The affordable South St. Louis County, MO marijuana possession attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their drug charges for over ten (10) years. Our goal is to make sure that the charges leveled against you do not stay on your permanent record, and do any lasting damage. And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis marijuana possession case start at $450. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!