Marijuana Possession Charges in Velda Village Hills, MO - for as little as $450
Have you been charged with possession of marijuana in or near Velda Village Hills, MO? Does the thought of a drug charge on your record make you nervous? Do you know what the future consequences would be if you plead guilty to the charge? Do you know what sort of potential sentence you could incur if the amount of marijuana found on you is more or less than 35 grams? Are you aware of the benefits of hiring a good lawyer to help you through the legal process?We Want to Get the Marijuana Charge Reduced So That It Does Not Show Up on Your Record
Here are a few reason why you might want to reconsider the idea of pleading guilty to marijuana possession:
- A drug charge on your permanent record can have a devastating effect on your chances of getting a decent job in the future
- A conviction for marijuana possession can end all of your governmental benefits (such as housing, and any welfare benefits)
As of January 1, 2017, the following laws regarding marijuana possession went into effect:
- If you are caught with less 10 grams of marijuana, it is a Class D Misdemeanor (unless you’ve already been convicted on a prior possession charge, in which case it would be a Class A Misdemeanor).
- If you are caught with between 10 – 35 grams, it is a Class A Misdemeanor.
- If you are caught with between 35 grams – 30 kilograms, it is a Class C Felony.
If this does not sound like a good outcome, then you should speak with an attorney right away. At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to achieve one of two things when it comes to a marijuana charge in Velda Village Hills MO: 1) get the charges reduced to something minor (like “littering,” which does not even show up on your permanent record); or 2) get the charge dropped altogether (usually as a result of the police officer having performed an illegal search). Either way, it is far better than dealing with jail and a large fine!!$450 To Take Care of Most Misdemeanor Marijuana Charges
Velda Village Hills, MO is a city in in St. Louis County.
The affordable Velda Village Hills, MO marijuana possession attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their drug charges for over ten (10) years. Our goal is to make sure that the charges leveled against you do not stay on your permanent record, and do any lasting damage. And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis marijuana possession case start at $450. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!