Maryland Heights MO Criminal Defense Lawyer - just $450
ARE THERE CERTAIN ADVANTAGES TO HIRING A DEFENSE ATTORNEY?
1. The main benefit you receive is the experience and knowledge of a legal advocate who is fighting for your rights! Our staff is not only able to handle your criminal case, we also have a very good working relationship with the prosecutors and judge in MH!!
2. But if you choose to represent yourself (instead of hiring an attorney to help you out), you should know that the court will not give you any leeway just because you didn’t go to law school. In other words, the judge and prosecutor will regard you in the same way they do a regular lawyer (and therefore an expectation that you will know and understand the law).
3. On the other hand, our goal is going to be simple and straightforward. We want to either 1) get the charges reduced to a lesser infraction (so that nothing negative shows up on your record); 2) get the charges thrown out altogether (this will depend greatly upon the set of facts involved with your particular case)
PLEADING GUILTY IS NOT YOUR BEST OPTION!!
WHAT WOULD BE THE DISADVANTAGE TO PLEADING GUILTY TO THE CHARGE?
1. The charge will become a part of your permanent record. There it will stay forever, and can viewed by anyone wishing to run a simple criminal background check.
2. So if you are applying for a job (or renting an apartment), you will be at a severe disadvantage. This is because most employers (or landlords) will screen out candidates with a criminal record.
3. In addition to this, a guilty plea will also come with a potential jail sentence and high fine.
ARE THERE MAJOR DIFFERENCES BETWEEN A FELONY AND A MISDEMEANOR?
1. Felonies will come with much higher fines and jail sentences (because the underlying criminal behavior is considered by the state to be much more severe)
2. Only the state and federal government can issue felonies
The affordable St Louis, MO criminal defense attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their criminal charges for over ten (10) years. We want to do everything we can to help you get the best possible outcome! We want to make sure that your record stays as clean!! And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis misdemeanor charge start at $450. Our fees for a low level felony charge start at $750. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!