Mehlville MO Criminal Defense Lawyer - just $450
- A good attorney knows how to minimize the negative effects of this kind of charge (because an attorney will know how the criminal justice system works, and will very likely have a good relationship with the prosecutor and judge)
- The primary thing that a defense lawyer can look into is getting the charges reduced to a lesser infraction (so that nothing shows up on your record); or in some cases, the attorney can actually get the charges knocked out altogether (depending the facts of your case)
- Or you can choose to represent yourself – but if you go this route, you should know that the court will treat you the same way they treat a regular attorney; in other words, you will receive no special treatment just because you didn’t go to law school.
- This will allow the state to put the matter on your permanent record. And if it is on your permanent record, anyone can see it.
- Like if you are going to apply for a job (or rent an apartment), the potential employer will very likely run a criminal background check. This in turn will have a tremendous impact on whether or not you get the job (or the apartment).
- Felonies are reserved for behavior that the state deems to be excessive (or that will put the person or property in question at great harm or risk)
- Only the state or federal government can issue felonies; municipalities are limited to misdemeanors (as a result, there are way more misdemeanors issued each year)
The affordable St Louis, MO criminal defense attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their criminal charges for over ten (10) years. We want to do everything we can to help you get the best possible outcome! We want to make sure that your record stays as clean!! And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis misdemeanor charge start at $450. Our fees for a low level felony charge start at $750. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!