Moline Acres MO Criminal Defense Lawyer - just $450
WHY IS IT A GOOD IDEA TO HIRE A DEFENSE ATTORNEY? CAN’T I JUST REPRESENT MYSELF?
1. Yes, you can. But when you represent yourself, the court will treat you just like they would any other attorney. In other words, the judge will not give you any leeway just because you didn’t go to law school.
2. And nine times out of ten, the person representing themselves will do nothing more than plead guilty to the charge.
3. But an experienced lawyer will know how to get the charges reduced down to something minor (so that nothing negative shows up on your record), or in some cases, we can even get the charges dropped (depending on the facts of your case)
PLEADING GUILTY IS NOT YOUR BEST OPTION!!
SO WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF I DECIDE TO JUST PLEAD GUILTY?
1. The charges will become a part of your permanent record
2. Once on your record, anyone running a simple background check will be able to see it
3. This will in turn have a negative impact on your chances of getting a decent job (or get an apartment, or even taking out a student loan)
CAN YOU DESCRIBE THE MAIN DIFFERENCES BETWEEN A FELONY AND A MISDEMEANOR?
1. Only the state can issue a felony; the smaller municipalities in and around St Louis can only issue misdemeanors
2. Felonies are reserved for criminal behavior that is more serious; as a result, the potential jail time and fines are going to be far more severe
The affordable St Louis, MO criminal defense attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their criminal charges for over ten (10) years. We want to do everything we can to help you get the best possible outcome! We want to make sure that your record stays as clean!! And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis misdemeanor charge start at $450. Our fees for a low level felony charge start at $750. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!