Normandy MO Criminal Defense Lawyer - just $450
WHY SHOULD I HIRE AN ATTORNEY TO HANDLE MY CRIMINAL CASE?
1. Because if you represent yourself, then the judge and prosecutor will still treat you as if you are an attorney. In other words, you will not get any latitude from the court just because you didn’t go to law school. You will be expected to know how the criminal justice system works.
2. The other thing you should know is that most self-represented folks do nothing more than plead guilty to the charge.
3. But a good attorney will know how to work closely with the local prosecutor to get the charges reduced to a lesser infraction (so that nothing shows up on your record), and in some cases, we can even get the charge dropped altogether
PLEADING GUILTY IS NOT YOUR BEST OPTION!!
IS PLEADING GUILTY THAT BIG OF A DEAL?
1. If you plead guilty, the charge will become a part of your permanent record
2. Having a criminal conviction on your record will have huge implications on your future
3. For instance, if you apply for a job, the potential employer will very likely run a background check on you.
4. If your record is marred by a conviction, then you may very well be screened out as a candidate.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN A FELONY AND A MISDEMEANOR?
1. A felony charge is issued when the state considers the criminal behavior to be excessive or severe
2. Misdemeanors will come with much less jail time and a smaller fine
3. Only the state and federal government can issue a felony; municipalities can only issue misdemeanors
The affordable St Louis, MO criminal defense attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their criminal charges for over ten (10) years. We want to do everything we can to help you get the best possible outcome! We want to make sure that your record stays as clean!! And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis misdemeanor charge start at $450. Our fees for a low level felony charge start at $750. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!