North St Louis County MO Criminal Defense Lawyer - just $450
WHAT KIND OF BENEFITS WILL I GET FROM HIRING A DEFENSE ATTORNEY?
1. The first thing to point out is that having an experienced attorney on your side is going to ensure that your rights are upheld. Because if you represent yourself, you’ll be expected to know just as much as a lawyer (the judge will not care that you didn’t go to law school).
2. There are two main goals that your attorney would be shooting for: 1) get the charges reduced to a minor infraction (so that nothing bad shows up on your record); 2) get the charges thrown out altogether (this will depend upon the specific facts of your case)
PLEADING GUILTY IS NOT YOUR BEST OPTION!!
WHAT WILL REALLY HAPPEN IF I PLEAD GUILTY TO THE CHARGE?
1. A guilty plea will allow the state to put the charge on your permanent record
2. Once the charge is on your record, it will stay there forever
3. And anyone wishing to run a criminal background check will be able to see it
4. This will in turn have a tremendous impact on whether or not you get a job, rent an apartment, take out a student loan, or receive governmental assistance
WHAT ARE THE MAIN DIFFERENCES BETWEEN A FELONY AND A MISDEMEANOR?
1. Only the state and federal governments can issue felonies; individual municipalities are only limited to issuing misdemeanors
2. With misdemeanor cases, the prosecutor is usually much more willing to work out a deal with your attorney (to get the charges reduced)
3. Because felonies are reserved for criminal behavior that is more severe, the penalties are harsher (in terms of potential jail time and fines)
The affordable St Louis, MO criminal defense attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their criminal charges for over ten (10) years. We want to do everything we can to help you get the best possible outcome! We want to make sure that your record stays as clean!! And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis misdemeanor charge start at $450. Our fees for a low level felony charge start at $750. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!