Northwoods MO Criminal Defense Lawyer - just $450
WHY SHOULD I HIRE AN ATTORNEY WHEN I CAN JUST REPRESENT MYSELF?
1. You can indeed represent yourself on a criminal matter (that is your right). But you should know a couple of things first: 1) most self-represented people end up doing nothing more than pleading guilty to the charge; 2) the court will not take it easy on you just because you didn’t attend law school (the judge will expect you to understand how the law works)
2. A good attorney, however, will know how to work out a deal with the local prosecutor to get the charges reduced to a lesser infraction (so that nothing bad shows up on your record. And in some limited situations, we can even get the charges dismissed altogether (but that will depend on the individual facts of your case).
PLEADING GUILTY IS NOT YOUR BEST OPTION!!
WHAT ARE THE CONSEQUENCES TO PLEADING GUILTY?
1. The first thing to point out is that a guilty plea will allow the state to put matter on your permanent record
2. If you have convictions on your record, this will cause problems for you in the future
3. For instance, if you apply for a job (or try to rent out an apartment), the employer (or landlord) will likely run a criminal background check
4. The end result of this is most likely you being screened out as a candidate for the job (or the rental property)
WHAT ARE THE MAIN DIFFERENCES BETWEEN A FELONY AND A MISDEMEANOR?
1. A felony is reserved for criminal behavior that is deemed excessive and/or extremely harmful to person or property
2. Felonies are therefore going to come with lengthier jail sentences and higher fines
3. Only the state can charge you with a felony (municipalities in St Louis can only issue misdemeanors)
The affordable St Louis, MO criminal defense attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their criminal charges for over ten (10) years. We want to do everything we can to help you get the best possible outcome! We want to make sure that your record stays as clean!! And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis misdemeanor charge start at $450. Our fees for a low level felony charge start at $750. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!