Only $450 To Handle Most Affton, MO Misdemeanor Marijuana Possession Charges
Are you familiar with all of the consequences that will occur if you plead guilty to the drug possession charge in Affton, MO?
1. a guilty plea will result in a drug conviction on your permanent record
2. this will make things very difficult when you try to get a job or apartment in the future
3. that is because any future employer or landlord is going to run a criminal background check on you
4. and you could also lose any governmental support you might be currently receiving (a drug conviction could allow the state to stop food stamps and public housing vouchers)
PLEADING GUILTY IS NOT YOUR BEST OPTION!!
Are you aware of the all the benefits that come when you retain a good Affton Missouri marijuana possession attorney?
1. your attorney will take a close look at all of the surrounding facts to see if a dismissal is available to you
2. if it is possible, your attorney can work out a deal with the local prosecutor in which the charges are reduced to a minor offense
3. and there is always a good chance that the court would be willing to offer you an SIS (suspended imposition of sentence), which involves a period of probation (after which the charges drop off altogether)
As of January 1, 2017, the following laws regarding marijuana possession went into effect:
1. If you are caught with less 10 grams of marijuana, it is a Class D Misdemeanor (unless you’ve already been convicted on a prior possession charge, in which case it would be a Class A Misdemeanor)
2. If you are caught with between 10 – 35 grams, it is a Class A Misdemeanor
3. If you are caught with between 35 grams – 30 kilograms, it is a Class C Felony
But what you want to avoid is pleading guilty!! Because if you make such a plea, there is nothing you can do about it later. It will become a permanent mark on you record, and will have damaging effects on your future.
The affordable marijuana possession attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their drug charges for over ten (10) years. Our goal is to make sure that the charges leveled against you do not stay on your permanent record, and do any lasting damage. And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis marijuana possession case start at $450. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!