Only $450 To Handle Most Arnold, MO Marijuana Possession Charges
When you receive a misdemeanor charge for possession of marijuana in Arnold MO, do you know what will happen if you plead guilty to it?
1. the guilty plea will turn into a permanent drug conviction on your record
2. if for some reason an individual (like a landlord) or company (like an employer) performs a criminal background check on you in the future, they will see the conviction
3. the drug conviction on your record will make things difficult for you when trying to get a job or an apartment
4. in addition, governmental benefits (like food stamps and unemployment security) can be terminated when the conviction goes onto your record
PLEADING GUILTY IS NOT YOUR BEST OPTION!!
Here are a few things that an experienced Arnold Missouri marijuana possession lawyer can do for you instead:
1. your attorney can examine all of the facts involved with your case to see about getting the charges thrown out (especially if the police officer performed an illegal search and seizure)
2. your attorney can also work closely with the local prosecutor to work out a possible deal in which the charges get reduced to a lesser infraction (like “littering”)
3. and there may also be a possibility of securing an SIS with the court (SIS stands for Suspended Imposition of Sentence, which involves a period of probation, after which the charges are dropped altogether)
As of January 1, 2017, the following laws regarding marijuana possession went into effect:
1. If you are caught with less 10 grams of marijuana, it is a Class D Misdemeanor (unless you’ve already been convicted on a prior possession charge, in which case it would be a Class A Misdemeanor)
2. If you are caught with between 10 – 35 grams, it is a Class A Misdemeanor
3. If you are caught with between 35 grams – 30 kilograms, it is a Class C Felony
But what you want to avoid is pleading guilty!! Because if you make such a plea, there is nothing you can do about it later. It will become a permanent mark on you record, and will have damaging effects on your future.
The affordable marijuana possession attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their drug charges for over ten (10) years. Our goal is to make sure that the charges leveled against you do not stay on your permanent record, and do any lasting damage. And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis marijuana possession case start at $450. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!