Only $450 To Handle Most Arnold, MO Stealing or Theft Charges
A stealing charge in Arnold MO is made only worse if you plead guilty to it. Let’s take a look at some of the consequences of this decision:
- The theft/stealing charge will become a part of your permanent record
- Any time someone runs a criminal background check, it will show up
- In the future when you try to get a job or rent an apartment, the conviction will make those goals much more difficult
In addition to these consequences, you will have to contend with the sentence that the court can potentially impose.
As of January 1, 2017, the following laws regarding stealing / theft / shoplifting went into effect:
- If you are caught with goods valuing less than $150, and you have had no prior stealing-related charges, it is a Class D Misdemeanor
- If you are caught with goods valuing between $150 - $750, it is a Class A Misdemeanor
- If you are caught stealing an animal; or if you have been previously found guilty of three 93) stealing-related cases within ten (10) years of the present case, it is a Class E Felony
- If you are caught with goods valuing between $750 - $25,000, it is a Class D Felony
- If you are caught with goods valuing $25,000 or more, it is a Class C Felony
When you hire a good Arnold Missouri stealing defense attorney, here are some positive outcomes you can expect instead:
- The lawyer will examine all of the facts of your case to see if he or she can get the case thrown out
- If that is not possible, your St. Louis criminal defense attorney can work closely with the local prosecutor to get the charges reduced (to something minor, like “littering”)
- Or if that fails, then your attorney might be able to secure an SIS (suspended imposition of sentence) on your behalf; this involves a period of probation, after which the charges drop off altogether
So as you can see, retaining the services of a skilled St. Louis attorney is far better than the alternative!!
The affordable St. Louis stealing defense attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their theft charges for over ten (10) years. Our goal is to make sure that the charges leveled against you do not stay on your permanent record, and do any lasting damage. And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical shoplifting case start at $450. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!