Only $450 To Handle Most Baden, MO Misdemeanor Marijuana Possession Charges
Here is a short list of some of the negative consequences that will occur if you plead guilty to a marijuana possession charge in Baden MO:
1. the plea will turn into a drug conviction on your permanent record
2. if you have a criminal conviction on your record, then it will show up every time a criminal background check is run on you
3. which means that getting an apartment or a job will be much more difficult for you
4. and if you are currently receiving governmental benefits (like food stamps or unemployment benefits), then those benefits could be revoked
PLEADING GUILTY TO THE CHARGE IS NOT YOUR BEST OPTION!!
Below is a list of positive outcomes that a good Baden Missouri marijuana lawyer can get for you:
1. if the facts of your particular case show an improper action taken by the police (like an illegal search and seizure), then it may be possible to get the charges thrown out
2. your attorney can also work closely with the local prosecutor to see about getting the charges reduced to a lesser infraction
3. and at the very least, he or she can work out an SIS (suspended imposition of sentence) with the court, which would involve a period of probation
As of January 1, 2017, the following laws regarding marijuana possession went into effect:
1. If you are caught with less 10 grams of marijuana, it is a Class D Misdemeanor (unless you’ve already been convicted on a prior possession charge, in which case it would be a Class A Misdemeanor)
2. If you are caught with between 10 – 35 grams, it is a Class A Misdemeanor
3. If you are caught with between 35 grams – 30 kilograms, it is a Class C Felony
But what you want to avoid is pleading guilty!! Because if you make such a plea, there is nothing you can do about it later. It will become a permanent mark on you record, and will have damaging effects on your future.
The affordable marijuana possession attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their drug charges for over ten (10) years. Our goal is to make sure that the charges leveled against you do not stay on your permanent record, and do any lasting damage. And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis marijuana possession case start at $450. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!