Only $450 To Handle Most Baden, MO Stealing or Theft Charges
If you decide to plead guilty to the Baden MO stealing charge, then there are a host of consequences that will come your way:
1. A guilty plea will allow the state of Missouri to put the conviction on your permanent record
2. When someone runs a criminal background check on you, it will show up for all to see
3. This will make getting a job or apartment (or even securing a student loan) much more difficult in the future
$450 TO TAKE CARE OF MOST BADEN MISSOURI THEFT CASES
In addition to these consequences, you will have to contend with the sentence that the court can potentially impose.
As of January 1, 2017, the following laws regarding stealing / theft / shoplifting went into effect:
1. If you are caught with goods valuing less than $150, and you have had no prior stealing-related charges, it is a Class D Misdemeanor
2. If you are caught with goods valuing between $150 - $750, it is a Class A Misdemeanor
3. If you are caught stealing an animal; or if you have been previously found guilty of three 93) stealing-related cases within ten (10) years of the present case, it is a Class E Felony
4. If you are caught with goods valuing between $750 - $25,000, it is a Class D Felony
5. If you are caught with goods valuing $25,000 or more, it is a Class C Felony
PLEADING GUILTY IS NOT YOUR BEST OPTION!!
Do you want to avoid these negative outcomes? Would you rather look into an alternative route? Here are some things that a good Baden Missouri theft attorney can do for you:
1. He or she will look at all the pertinent facts of your case to see if there is a chance to get the charges thrown out
2. He or she can also work hard to get the charge reduced to a lesser infraction (like “littering,” which does not even show up on your record)
3. Or in the alternative, your St. Louis criminal defense lawyer can try to negotiate an SIS (suspended imposition of sentence) for you; this typically involves a period of probation (and upon completion, the charges drop off altogether)
So as you can see, retaining the services of a skilled St. Louis attorney is far better than the alternative!!
The affordable St. Louis stealing defense attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their theft charges for over ten (10) years. Our goal is to make sure that the charges leveled against you do not stay on your permanent record, and do any lasting damage. And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical shoplifting case start at $450. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!