Only $450 To Handle Most Bel-Nor, MO Misdemeanor Marijuana Possession Charges
Do you know what the full range of consequences are if you decide to plead guilty to the Bel-Nor MO marijuana possession charge?
1. your permanent record will get hit with a drug conviction
2. once someone performs a criminal background check, they will see the conviction
3. if you are trying to get a job or apartment, this will slow down the process (if not completely eliminate you as a candidate)
4. and trying to keep any governmental benefits (such as food stamps and public housing vouchers) will be all but impossible
PLEADING GUILTY IS NOT YOUR BEST OPTION!!
Are you familiar with what a good Bel-Nor Missouri marijuana possession attorney can get done for you?
1. your lawyer take a close look at the facts surrounding your particular case to see if there is a chance of getting the charges thrown out
2. your attorney can also work with the local prosecutor to try and get the charge reduced to a lesser infraction (like “littering,” which will not even show up on your record)
3. or in the alternative, there may also be a possibility to get an SIS (Suspended Imposition of Sentence) from the court (which involves a period of probation, after which the charges drop off completely)
As of January 1, 2017, the following laws regarding marijuana possession went into effect:
1. If you are caught with less 10 grams of marijuana, it is a Class D Misdemeanor (unless you’ve already been convicted on a prior possession charge, in which case it would be a Class A Misdemeanor)
2. If you are caught with between 10 – 35 grams, it is a Class A Misdemeanor
3. If you are caught with between 35 grams – 30 kilograms, it is a Class C Felony
But what you want to avoid is pleading guilty!! Because if you make such a plea, there is nothing you can do about it later. It will become a permanent mark on you record, and will have damaging effects on your future.
The affordable marijuana possession attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their drug charges for over ten (10) years. Our goal is to make sure that the charges leveled against you do not stay on your permanent record, and do any lasting damage. And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis marijuana possession case start at $450. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!