Only $450 To Handle Most Bel-Ridge, MO Marijuana Possession Charges
When you receive a ticket for marijuana possession in Bel-Ridge, MO, there are several consequences you will have to deal with if you plead guilty:
1. the guilty plea will turn into a drug conviction on your permanent record
2. this will mean that anyone who runs a criminal background check on you will see the conviction
3. so if you try to get job or apartment in the future, that will make things difficult
4. and those who are receiving governmental benefits (like food stamps) can see the services revoked
PLEADING GUILTY IS NOT YOUR BEST OPTION!!
Here are a few things that an experienced Bel-Ridge Missouri marijuana possession lawyer can do for you instead:
1. after a thorough of the facts, he or she can determine if there are grounds to have the case dismissed
2. your attorney can also work closely with the local prosecutor to see about getting the charges reduced to a lesser offense (like “littering”)
3. and at the very least, he or she can work out an SIS (suspended imposition of sentence) with the court, which would involve a period of probation
As of January 1, 2017, the following laws regarding marijuana possession went into effect:
1. If you are caught with less 10 grams of marijuana, it is a Class D Misdemeanor (unless you’ve already been convicted on a prior possession charge, in which case it would be a Class A Misdemeanor)
2. If you are caught with between 10 – 35 grams, it is a Class A Misdemeanor
3. If you are caught with between 35 grams – 30 kilograms, it is a Class C Felony
But what you want to avoid is pleading guilty!! Because if you make such a plea, there is nothing you can do about it later. It will become a permanent mark on you record, and will have damaging effects on your future.
The affordable marijuana possession attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their drug charges for over ten (10) years. Our goal is to make sure that the charges leveled against you do not stay on your permanent record, and do any lasting damage. And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis marijuana possession case start at $450. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!