Only $450 To Handle Most Bella Villa, MO Marijuana Possession Charges
Below are a few of the negative consequences that can occur if you do not get your Bella Villa MO marijuana charge fixed:
- If you plead guilty to the charge, it will become a drug conviction on your permanent record
- Once someone performs a criminal background check (like an employer or a landlord), they will automatically see it
- This in turn could very well lead to you losing out on a job or apartment
- And a lot of governmental benefits can be revoked if you receive such a charge to your record
Are you aware of what a good Bella Villa Missouri marijuana possession attorney can do to help out?
- The attorney can closely examine all of the facts in your case to see about getting the charges dropped (this can happen if the police officer performed an illegal search and seizure)
- The attorney can always work with the local prosecutor to try and get the charges reduced to a minor infraction (down to something will not even show up on your record)
- And at the very least, your lawyer can work out an SIS (suspended imposition of sentence) with the court, which would involve a period of probation
As of January 1, 2017, the following laws regarding marijuana possession went into effect:
- If you are caught with less 10 grams of marijuana, it is a Class D Misdemeanor (unless you’ve already been convicted on a prior possession charge, in which case it would be a Class A Misdemeanor)
- If you are caught with between 10 – 35 grams, it is a Class A Misdemeanor
- If you are caught with between 35 grams – 30 kilograms, it is a Class C Felony
But what you want to avoid is pleading guilty!! Because if you make such a plea, there is nothing you can do about it later. It will become a permanent mark on you record, and will have damaging effects on your future.
The affordable marijuana possession attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their drug charges for over ten (10) years. Our goal is to make sure that the charges leveled against you do not stay on your permanent record, and do any lasting damage. And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis marijuana possession case start at $450. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!