Only $450 To Handle Most Bellerive, MO Marijuana Possession Charges
When you receive a ticket for marijuana possession in Bellerive, MO, you should be aware of the consequences that will come if you plead guilty to it:
- The guilty plead will allow the state of Missouri to put a drug conviction on your record
- This means that anyone who runs a criminal background check on your will see that charge
- This will have a negative impact on your ability to secure a job, apartment, or even a student loan
- And there is always a good chance that your governmental benefits (like unemployment security and food stamps) can be revoked
When you hire an experienced Bellerive Missouri marijuana defense attorney to handle your case, here are some positive things you can expect:
- The attorney can take a close look at the facts surrounding your case to see if there is a chance to get the case dismissed (especially if the police officer performed an illegal search and seizure)
- There is always a good chance that the attorney can get the marijuana charge reduced to a lesser infraction (like “littering”)
- And there is very often a chance to work out an SIS (suspended imposition of sentence), which entails a period probation (after which the charges drop off altogether)
As of January 1, 2017, the following laws regarding marijuana possession went into effect:
- If you are caught with less 10 grams of marijuana, it is a Class D Misdemeanor (unless you’ve already been convicted on a prior possession charge, in which case it would be a Class A Misdemeanor)
- If you are caught with between 10 – 35 grams, it is a Class A Misdemeanor
- If you are caught with between 35 grams – 30 kilograms, it is a Class C Felony
But what you want to avoid is pleading guilty!! Because if you make such a plea, there is nothing you can do about it later. It will become a permanent mark on you record, and will have damaging effects on your future.
The affordable marijuana possession attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their drug charges for over ten (10) years. Our goal is to make sure that the charges leveled against you do not stay on your permanent record, and do any lasting damage. And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis marijuana possession case start at $450. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!