Only $450 To Handle Most Berkeley, MO Marijuana Possession Charges
There are several negative outcomes that can and will occur if you simply plead guilty to your Berkeley, MO marijuana possession ticket:
- Your record will get hit with a drug conviction
- A simple criminal background check will allow anyone to see this conviction
- Which means if you try and get a job or an apartment in the future, it will be a lot more difficult
- And the government can always cut off any benefits you may be currently receiving (such as food stamps and public housing)
Instead of dealing with the bad outcomes described above, here a few positive things that a good Berkeley Missouri marijuana lawyer can get done for you:
- The lawyer can take a look at all the pertinent facts of your case to see if a dismissal is available (this can come about if the police officer performed an unlawful search)
- The attorney can always work closely with the local prosecutor to get the charge amended down to a much lesser offense (like “littering,” which does not even show up on your record)
- And if the first two options cannot be achieved, there is a strong chance of securing an SIS (suspended imposition of sentence), which involves a period of probation (after which the charges drop off altogether)
As of January 1, 2017, the following laws regarding marijuana possession went into effect:
- If you are caught with less 10 grams of marijuana, it is a Class D Misdemeanor (unless you’ve already been convicted on a prior possession charge, in which case it would be a Class A Misdemeanor)
- If you are caught with between 10 – 35 grams, it is a Class A Misdemeanor
- If you are caught with between 35 grams – 30 kilograms, it is a Class C Felony
But what you want to avoid is pleading guilty!! Because if you make such a plea, there is nothing you can do about it later. It will become a permanent mark on you record, and will have damaging effects on your future.
The affordable marijuana possession attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their drug charges for over ten (10) years. Our goal is to make sure that the charges leveled against you do not stay on your permanent record, and do any lasting damage. And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis marijuana possession case start at $450. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!