Only $450 To Handle Most Beverly Hills, MO Marijuana Possession Charges
Are you completely familiar with the negative consequences that will come if you do not get your Beverly Hills MO marijuana possession ticket fixed?
- The ticket will become a permanent part of your record as a drug conviction
- This will allow anyone who runs a criminal background check to see it
- Which means if you attempt to get a job, or an apartment, or a student loan, it will be much more difficult
- And if you are currently receiving governmental benefits (like food stamps or unemployment benefits), then those benefits could be revoked
Instead of trying to deal with that kind of negative outcome, you should look into what a good Beverly Hills Missouri marijuana lawyer can do for you:
- Depending upon the facts of your case, there might be a chance to get the charges dismissed (especially if the police officer performed an illegal search)
- The local prosecutor may also be willing to strike a deal with your attorney in which the possession charge gets reduced to a minor infraction (like “littering”)
- And at the very least, he or she can work out an SIS (suspended imposition of sentence) with the court, which would involve a period of probation
As of January 1, 2017, the following laws regarding marijuana possession went into effect:
- If you are caught with less 10 grams of marijuana, it is a Class D Misdemeanor (unless you’ve already been convicted on a prior possession charge, in which case it would be a Class A Misdemeanor)
- If you are caught with between 10 – 35 grams, it is a Class A Misdemeanor
- If you are caught with between 35 grams – 30 kilograms, it is a Class C Felony
But what you want to avoid is pleading guilty!! Because if you make such a plea, there is nothing you can do about it later. It will become a permanent mark on you record, and will have damaging effects on your future.
The affordable marijuana possession attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their drug charges for over ten (10) years. Our goal is to make sure that the charges leveled against you do not stay on your permanent record, and do any lasting damage. And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis marijuana possession case start at $450. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!