Only $450 To Handle Most Black Jack, MO Stealing or Theft Charges
When someone is facing a stealing charge in Black Jack MO, then it is beneficial to understand the full range of consequences for pleading guilty:
- A plea of guilt will allow the state to make the charge a part of your permanent record
- Once the conviction is on your record, it will show up anytime that someone performs a criminal background check
- A conviction of this sort on your record will make it very difficult for you to get a decent job (or to rent an apartment)
In addition to these consequences, you will have to contend with the sentence that the court can potentially impose.
As of January 1, 2017, the following laws regarding stealing / theft / shoplifting went into effect:
- If you are caught with goods valuing less than $150, and you have had no prior stealing-related charges, it is a Class D Misdemeanor
- If you are caught with goods valuing between $150 - $750, it is a Class A Misdemeanor
- If you are caught stealing an animal; or if you have been previously found guilty of three 93) stealing-related cases within ten (10) years of the present case, it is a Class E Felony
- If you are caught with goods valuing between $750 - $25,000, it is a Class D Felony
- If you are caught with goods valuing $25,000 or more, it is a Class C Felony
If all of this sounds like something you would like to avoid, then it is definitely time you speak with a good Black Jack Missouri criminal defense lawyer!!
- The attorney can see if the charge might be dismissed by looking into the facts of your case
- Your lawyer can also work closely with the local prosecutor to see about getting the charges amended down to some lesser infraction (like “littering,” which does not show up on your record)
- And at the very least, your attorney can try and secure an SIS (suspended imposition of sentence), which involves a period of probation (and if you stay out of trouble during the probationary period, the charges drop off altogether)
So as you can see, retaining the services of a skilled St. Louis attorney is far better than the alternative!!
The affordable St. Louis stealing defense attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their theft charges for over ten (10) years. Our goal is to make sure that the charges leveled against you do not stay on your permanent record, and do any lasting damage. And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical shoplifting case start at $450. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!