Only $450 To Handle Most Breckenridge Hills, MO Misdemeanor Marijuana Possession Charge
Listed below are a few of the negative consequences you can expect if you plead guilty to a Breckenridge Hills MO marijuana charge:
1. the guilty plea will turn into a drug conviction on your permanent record
2. a simple background check will allow anyone to see it
3. if you are planning on getting a job or an apartment in the future, this will make things more difficult for you
4. and for anyone currently receiving governmental benefits, a criminal conviction such as this can end those benefits immediately
$450 TO TAKE CARE OF MOST BRECKENRIDGE HILLS MISSOURI MARIJUANA CHARGES
Instead of having to deal with the above consequences, here are a few things that a good Breckenridge Missouri marijuana attorney can do for you:
1. the attorney can go over the details and facts of your case to determine if a dismissal of the charges is available (especially if the police officer conducted an illegal search)
2. if that option is not available, your lawyer can work with the local prosecutor to possible secured a reduction of the charges to a lesser offense (like “littering”)
3. or if neither of above-mentioned options are available, then the attorney can see about getting an SIS (suspended imposition of sentence) on your case (which involves a period of probation, after which the charges drop off completely)
As of January 1, 2017, the following laws regarding marijuana possession went into effect:
1. If you are caught with less 10 grams of marijuana, it is a Class D Misdemeanor (unless you’ve already been convicted on a prior possession charge, in which case it would be a Class A Misdemeanor)
2. If you are caught with between 10 – 35 grams, it is a Class A Misdemeanor
3. If you are caught with between 35 grams – 30 kilograms, it is a Class C Felony
PLEADING GUILTY TO THE CHARGE IS NOT YOUR BEST OPTION
But what you want to avoid is pleading guilty!! Because if you make such a plea, there is nothing you can do about it later. It will become a permanent mark on you record, and will have damaging effects on your future.
The affordable marijuana possession attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their drug charges for over ten (10) years. Our goal is to make sure that the charges leveled against you do not stay on your permanent record, and do any lasting damage. And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis marijuana possession case start at $450. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!