Only $450 To Handle Most Calverton Park, MO Misdemeanor Marijuana Possession Charges
Are you trying to figure out what to do with your Calverton Park MO marijuana possession charge? Do you know what will happen if you plead guilty to it?
- Your permanent record will get hit with a drug conviction
- This means that anyone who wishes to do a criminal background check will see it
- Getting a student loan, apartment, or a job will be made much more difficult with this sort of charge on your record
- And if you are currently receiving governmental benefits (like food stamps or unemployment benefits), then those benefits could be revoked
If you do not want to incur these negative outcomes, then take a look at what an experienced Calverton Park Missouri marijuana lawyer can do instead:
- The facts of your particular case will be thoroughly examined to see if a dismissal can be had (especially if the police officer performed an unlawful search)
- Your attorney will also work closely with the local prosecutor to see if a reduction of the charges can be established (like an amendment down to “littering”)
- And at the very least, he or she can work out an SIS (suspended imposition of sentence) with the court, which would involve a period of probation
As of January 1, 2017, the following laws regarding marijuana possession went into effect:
- If you are caught with less 10 grams of marijuana, it is a Class D Misdemeanor (unless you’ve already been convicted on a prior possession charge, in which case it would be a Class A Misdemeanor)
- If you are caught with between 10 – 35 grams, it is a Class A Misdemeanor
- If you are caught with between 35 grams – 30 kilograms, it is a Class C Felony
But what you want to avoid is pleading guilty!! Because if you make such a plea, there is nothing you can do about it later. It will become a permanent mark on you record, and will have damaging effects on your future.
The affordable marijuana possession attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their drug charges for over ten (10) years. Our goal is to make sure that the charges leveled against you do not stay on your permanent record, and do any lasting damage. And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis marijuana possession case start at $450. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!