Only $450 To Handle Most Charlack, MO Stealing or Theft Charges
A stealing charge in Charlack MO is a big deal. And if you end up pleading guilty to it, here are some consequences that you suffer:
1. Your record will get slapped with a stealing conviction
2. When someone runs a criminal background check on you, it will show up
3. If you try to get a job (or rent an apartment) in the future, the blemished record will make that goal much more difficult
$450 TO TAKE CARE OF MOST CHARLACK MISSOURI THEFT CHARGES
In addition to these consequences, you will have to contend with the sentence that the court can potentially impose.
As of January 1, 2017, the following laws regarding stealing / theft / shoplifting went into effect:
1. If you are caught with goods valuing less than $150, and you have had no prior stealing-related charges, it is a Class D Misdemeanor
2. If you are caught with goods valuing between $150 - $750, it is a Class A Misdemeanor
3. If you are caught stealing an animal; or if you have been previously found guilty of three 93) stealing-related cases within ten (10) years of the present case, it is a Class E Felony
4. If you are caught with goods valuing between $750 - $25,000, it is a Class D Felony
5. If you are caught with goods valuing $25,000 or more, it is a Class C Felony
PLEADING GUILTY IS NOT YOUR BEST OPTION
Hiring an experienced Charlack Missouri stealing / theft lawyer can help you out quite a bit. Here are some examples of what the lawyer can do:
1. He or she can closely examine all the pertinent facts of your case to see about getting the charges dismissed
2. He or she can also work with the local prosecutor to get the charges reduced to something minor (like “littering”)
3. Or in the alternative, your lawyer try to secure an SIS (suspended imposition of sentence), which involves a period of probation; after the probationary period runs, the charges drop off altogether
So as you can see, retaining the services of a skilled St. Louis attorney is far better than the alternative!!
The affordable St. Louis stealing defense attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their theft charges for over ten (10) years. Our goal is to make sure that the charges leveled against you do not stay on your permanent record, and do any lasting damage. And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical shoplifting case start at $450. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!