Only $450 To Handle Most Chesterfield, MO Stealing or Theft Charges
When you are dealing with a stealing or theft charge in Chesterfield MO, there are certain consequences for pleading guilty:
- To begin with, the stealing charge will become a conviction on your permanent record
- So if someone runs a criminal background check on you, it will show up
- This will in turn make it very difficult to get a decent job (or rent an apartment, or even get into some colleges)
In addition to these consequences, you will have to contend with the sentence that the court can potentially impose.
As of January 1, 2017, the following laws regarding stealing / theft / shoplifting went into effect:
- If you are caught with goods valuing less than $150, and you have had no prior stealing-related charges, it is a Class D Misdemeanor
- If you are caught with goods valuing between $150 - $750, it is a Class A Misdemeanor
- If you are caught stealing an animal; or if you have been previously found guilty of three 93) stealing-related cases within ten (10) years of the present case, it is a Class E Felony
- If you are caught with goods valuing between $750 - $25,000, it is a Class D Felony
- If you are caught with goods valuing $25,000 or more, it is a Class C Felony
Now let’s take a look at some positive outcomes that can come your way if you hire a good Chesterfield Missouri criminal defense attorney:
- The attorney can examine all the facts surrounding your case to determine if there is a chance of getting the charges dismissed
- Your attorney and the local prosecutor can also possibly work out a reduction of the charge to a lesser infraction
- And at the very least, your attorney can try and secure an SIS (suspended imposition of sentence), which involves a period of probation (and if you stay out of trouble during the probationary period, the charges drop off altogether)
So as you can see, retaining the services of a skilled St. Louis attorney is far better than the alternative!!
The affordable St. Louis stealing defense attorneys at The Bankruptcy Company, have been helping people with their theft charges for over ten (10) years. Our goal is to make sure that the charges leveled against you do not stay on your permanent record, and do any lasting damage. And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical shoplifting case start at $450. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!