Only $450 To Handle Most Country Club Hills, MO Misdemeanor Marijuana Possession Charges
When you are dealing with a Country Club Hills MO marijuana charge, there are certain consequences that will happen if you plead guilty:
1. the marijuana charge will become a drug conviction on your permanent record
2. this will enable anyone wishing to do a criminal background check on you to see the conviction
3. if you are wanting to rent an apartment, apply for a job, or get a student loan, then the drug conviction is going to make those goals very difficult to attain
4. if you receive (or would want to apply for) governmental benefits (such as food stamps), the criminal conviction could result in a revocation of those benefits
$450 TO TAKE CARE OF MOST COUNTRY CLUB HILLS MISSOURI MARIJUANA CHARGES
Are you familiar with the kinds of services that a good Country Club Hills Missouri marijuana attorney can provide you with?
1. your attorney can take a close look at the facts and circumstances surrounding your case to see if it is possible to get the charges dropped
2. your St. Louis criminal defense lawyer can work hard to get the charge reduced to a lesser offense (like “littering,” which would not even show up on your record)
3. or if #1 or #2 is not available, then your lawyer could work out an SIS with the court (suspended imposition of sentence), which involves a period of probation (after which the charges drop off altogether)
As of January 1, 2017, the following laws regarding marijuana possession went into effect:
1. If you are caught with less 10 grams of marijuana, it is a Class D Misdemeanor (unless you’ve already been convicted on a prior possession charge, in which case it would be a Class A Misdemeanor)
2. If you are caught with between 10 – 35 grams, it is a Class A Misdemeanor
3. If you are caught with between 35 grams – 30 kilograms, it is a Class C Felony
But what you want to avoid is pleading guilty!! Because if you make such a plea, there is nothing you can do about it later. It will become a permanent mark on you record, and will have damaging effects on your future.
The affordable marijuana possession attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their drug charges for over ten (10) years. Our goal is to make sure that the charges leveled against you do not stay on your permanent record, and do any lasting damage. And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis marijuana possession case start at $450. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!