Only $450 To Handle Most Crestwood, MO Stealing or Theft Charges
Are you trying to figure out your options with a Crestwood MO stealing charge? Do you know what will happen if you plead guilty to it?
1. It will end up on your permanent record as a stealing conviction
2. This means anyone who might do a criminal background check will see it
3. If the stealing conviction is on your record, then you will have a difficult time getting a good job, or renting an apartment, or even being accepting into certain schools
$450 TO TAKE CARE OF MOST CRESTWOOD MISSOURI THEFT CASES
In addition to these consequences, you will have to contend with the sentence that the court can potentially impose.
As of January 1, 2017, the following laws regarding stealing / theft / shoplifting went into effect:
1. If you are caught with goods valuing less than $150, and you have had no prior stealing-related charges, it is a Class D Misdemeanor
2. If you are caught with goods valuing between $150 - $750, it is a Class A Misdemeanor
3. If you are caught stealing an animal; or if you have been previously found guilty of three 93) stealing-related cases within ten (10) years of the present case, it is a Class E Felony
4. If you are caught with goods valuing between $750 - $25,000, it is a Class D Felony
5. If you are caught with goods valuing $25,000 or more, it is a Class C Felony
Assuming you wish to avoid all of these consequences, let’s now take a look at what an experienced Crestwood Missouri criminal defense lawyer can do for you:
1. The attorney can examine all the relevant facts of your case to see if there might be a chance of getting the charges dismissed
2. The attorney can work closely with the local prosecutor to get the charge reduced to a lesser infraction (like “littering”)
3. And at the very least, your attorney can try and secure an SIS (suspended imposition of sentence), which involves a period of probation (and if you stay out of trouble during the probationary period, the charges drop off altogether)
So as you can see, retaining the services of a skilled St. Louis attorney is far better than the alternative!!
The affordable St. Louis stealing defense attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their theft charges for over ten (10) years. Our goal is to make sure that the charges leveled against you do not stay on your permanent record, and do any lasting damage. And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical shoplifting case start at $450. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!