Only $450 To Handle Most Edmundson, MO Stealing or Theft Charges
If you have been charged with stealing or theft in Edmundson, Missouri, then here is what you would be facing if you do not hire an attorney to help you out:
- You will probably end up pleading guilty to the charge, and when you do, it will become a part of your permanent record
- This will enable anyone to see it if they run a criminal background check on you
- If the stealing conviction is on your record, then you will have a difficult time getting a good job, or renting an apartment, or even being accepting into certain schools
In addition to these consequences, you will have to contend with the sentence that the court can potentially impose.
As of January 1, 2017, the following laws regarding stealing / theft / shoplifting went into effect:
- If you are caught with goods valuing less than $150, and you have had no prior stealing-related charges, it is a Class D Misdemeanor
- If you are caught with goods valuing between $150 - $750, it is a Class A Misdemeanor
- If you are caught stealing an animal; or if you have been previously found guilty of three 93) stealing-related cases within ten (10) years of the present case, it is a Class E Felony
- If you are caught with goods valuing between $750 - $25,000, it is a Class D Felony
- If you are caught with goods valuing $25,000 or more, it is a Class C Felony
But if you want to avoid the negative outcomes described above, then it is definitely time to speak with an experienced Edmundson MO criminal defense attorney!! Here are a few things that your attorney can get done for you:
- Your attorney can take a close look at the facts surrounding your case to see about getting the charges dismissed
- Your attorney can also work with the local prosecutor to see if there is a chance to get the charge reduced to something minor (like “littering”)
- And at the very least, your attorney can try and secure an SIS (suspended imposition of sentence), which involves a period of probation (and if you stay out of trouble during the probationary period, the charges drop off altogether)
So as you can see, retaining the services of a skilled St. Louis attorney is far better than the alternative!!
The affordable St. Louis stealing defense attorneys at The Bankruptcy Company, have been helping people with their theft charges for over ten (10) years. Our goal is to make sure that the charges leveled against you do not stay on your permanent record, and do any lasting damage. And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical shoplifting case start at $450. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!