Only $450 To Handle Most Ellisville, MO Stealing or Theft Charges
There are several negative consequences for pleading guilty to the charge of stealing in Ellisville, MO:
- The state would make the conviction a permanent part of your record
- A simple criminal background check would show this conviction for anyone who wished to see
- This would result in a much more difficult time getting a good job (or renting a decent apartment, or securing a student loan)
In addition to these consequences, you will have to contend with the sentence that the court can potentially impose.
As of January 1, 2017, the following laws regarding stealing / theft / shoplifting went into effect:
- If you are caught with goods valuing less than $150, and you have had no prior stealing-related charges, it is a Class D Misdemeanor
- If you are caught with goods valuing between $150 - $750, it is a Class A Misdemeanor
- If you are caught stealing an animal; or if you have been previously found guilty of three 93) stealing-related cases within ten (10) years of the present case, it is a Class E Felony
- If you are caught with goods valuing between $750 - $25,000, it is a Class D Felony
- If you are caught with goods valuing $25,000 or more, it is a Class C Felony
So let’s assume you want to avoid all of the above!! If so, then it is definitely time that you speak with a good Ellisville Missouri criminal defense attorney!
- A good attorney can check into the facts of your case to see if an outright dismissal is possible
- A lawyer can also try and work out a deal with the local prosecutor to get the charges reduced to a lesser infraction (like “littering”)
- And at the very least, your attorney can try and secure an SIS (suspended imposition of sentence), which involves a period of probation (and if you stay out of trouble during the probationary period, the charges drop off altogether)
So as you can see, retaining the services of a skilled St. Louis attorney is far better than the alternative!!
The affordable St. Louis stealing defense attorneys at The Bankruptcy Company, have been helping people with their theft charges for over ten (10) years. Our goal is to make sure that the charges leveled against you do not stay on your permanent record, and do any lasting damage. And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical shoplifting case start at $450. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!