Only $450 To Handle Most Ferguson, MO Stealing or Thefts Charges
Trying to figure out what to do with a Ferguson MO stealing charge can be frustrating. But there are a few things you should know about if you decide to plead guilty:
- A guilty plea will allow the state of Missouri to put the conviction on your permanent record
- This means that a criminal background check would make the stealing conviction open for everyone to see
- If the stealing conviction is on your record, then you will have a difficult time getting a good job, or renting an apartment, or even being accepting into certain schools
In addition to these consequences, you will have to contend with the sentence that the court can potentially impose.
As of January 1, 2017, the following laws regarding stealing / theft / shoplifting went into effect:
- If you are caught with goods valuing less than $150, and you have had no prior stealing-related charges, it is a Class D Misdemeanor
- If you are caught with goods valuing between $150 - $750, it is a Class A Misdemeanor
- If you are caught stealing an animal; or if you have been previously found guilty of three 93) stealing-related cases within ten (10) years of the present case, it is a Class E Felony
- If you are caught with goods valuing between $750 - $25,000, it is a Class D Felony
- If you are caught with goods valuing $25,000 or more, it is a Class C Felony
On the other hand, if you were to hire an experienced Ferguson Missouri theft attorney to help you out, here are some of the things you can expect:
- He or she will conduct an examination of your case to determine if any facts allow for a dismissal of the charges
- The lawyer can also be working closely with the local prosecutor to see about the possibility of getting the charges reduced to something minor (like “littering”)
- Or if these things do not work out, then your attorney can try to secure an SIS (suspended imposition of sentence); this involves a period of probation, after which the charges drop off altogether
So as you can see, retaining the services of a skilled St. Louis attorney is far better than the alternative!!
The affordable St. Louis stealing defense attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their theft charges for over ten (10) years. Our goal is to make sure that the charges leveled against you do not stay on your permanent record, and do any lasting damage. And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical shoplifting case start at $450. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!