Only $450 To Handle Most Florissant, MO Stealing or Theft Charges
Do you understand all of the consequences involved with pleading guilty to a stealing charge in Florissant MO? Here are a few examples:
- If you plead guilty, it will become a part of your permanent record
- This will enable anyone to see it if they run a criminal background check on you
- Having a criminal conviction on your record will end up making it very difficult to get a job or rent an apartment
In addition to these consequences, you will have to contend with the sentence that the court can potentially impose.
As of January 1, 2017, the following laws regarding stealing / theft / shoplifting went into effect:
- If you are caught with goods valuing less than $150, and you have had no prior stealing-related charges, it is a Class D Misdemeanor
- If you are caught with goods valuing between $150 - $750, it is a Class A Misdemeanor
- If you are caught stealing an animal; or if you have been previously found guilty of three 93) stealing-related cases within ten (10) years of the present case, it is a Class E Felony
- If you are caught with goods valuing between $750 - $25,000, it is a Class D Felony
- If you are caught with goods valuing $25,000 or more, it is a Class C Felony
But there is a much better alternative!! An experienced Florissant Missouri stealing defense lawyer can help you out:
- He or she can take a close look at the facts of your case to see if a dismissal is available
- The lawyer can also work with the local prosecutor and try to get the charges reduced down to something minor (like “littering,” which does not even show up on your record)
- And if all else fails, then your attorney could also try to secure an SIS (suspended imposition of sentence) for you; this involves a period of probation, after which the charges drop off
So as you can see, retaining the services of a skilled St. Louis attorney is far better than the alternative!!
The affordable St. Louis stealing defense attorneys at The Bankruptcy Company, have been helping people with their theft charges for over ten (10) years. Our goal is to make sure that the charges leveled against you do not stay on your permanent record, and do any lasting damage. And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical shoplifting case start at $450. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!