Only $450 To Handle Most Moline Acres, MO Misdemeanor Marijuana Possession Charges
Let’s take a look at some of the negative consequences that you will incur if you decide to plead guilty to your Moline Acres Missouri marijuana charge:
- Pleading guilty will result in a drug conviction on your permanent record
- that means that it will show up if someone runs a criminal background check
- If you are trying to get a job, or rent an apartment, or even secure a student loan, this will make that goal much more difficult
- And if you are currently receiving governmental benefits (like food stamps or unemployment benefits), then those benefits could be revoked
Now let’s take a glance at some of the beneficial outcomes that a good Moline Acres MO marijuana possession attorney can get done for you:
- Your attorney can take a close look at the facts of your case to see if there is a chance to get the charge thrown out (especially if the police officer conducted an illegal search and seizure)
- Your lawyer can also work with the local prosecutor to get the charges reduced to a minor offense (like “littering”) that does not show up on your record
- and at the very least, he or she can work out an SIS (suspended imposition of sentence) with the court, Which would involve a period of probation
As of January 1, 2017, the following laws regarding marijuana possession went into effect:
- If you are caught with less 10 grams of marijuana, it is a Class D Misdemeanor (unless you’ve already been convicted on a prior possession charge, in which case it would be a Class A Misdemeanor)
- If you are caught with between 10 – 35 grams, it is a Class A Misdemeanor
- If you are caught with between 35 grams – 30 kilograms, it is a Class C Felony
But what you want to avoid is pleading guilty!! Because if you make such a plea, there is nothing you can do about it later. It will become a permanent mark on you record, and will have damaging effects on your future.
The affordable marijuana possession attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their drug charges for over ten (10) years. Our goal is to make sure that the charges leveled against you do not stay on your permanent record, and do any lasting damage. And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis marijuana possession case start at $450. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!