Only $450 To Handle Most Normandy, MO Misdemeanor Marijuana Possession Charges
There are certain consequences that can and will occur if you plead guilty to your Normandy MO marijuana charge:
1. a plea of guilty to this kind of charge will result in a drug conviction on your permanent record
2. whenever someone runs a criminal background check on you, it will show up
3. as a result, you will have a much more difficult time getting a decent job (or renting an apartment)
4. and any governmental benefits that you might be currently enjoying could easily be stripped away
$450 TO TAKE CARE OF MOST NORMANDY MISSOURI MARIJUANA CHARGES
So what exactly can an experienced Normandy Missouri marijuana defense attorney do for you instead?
1. your attorney can closely examine all the facts of your case, and determine whether or not a dismissal can be had (especially if the police officer did something to violate your constitutional rights)
2. your St. Louis criminal defense lawyer can always try to work out a reduction of the charges to some lesser offense (like “littering”)
3. or in the alternative, your attorney can see about getting you an SIS (which is described as a Suspended Imposition of Sentence), in which you are given a period of probation; if after the probationary period lapses you have stayed out of trouble, then the original charge is dropped altogether
As of January 1, 2017, the following laws regarding marijuana possession went into effect:
1. If you are caught with less 10 grams of marijuana, it is a Class D Misdemeanor (unless you’ve already been convicted on a prior possession charge, in which case it would be a Class A Misdemeanor)
2. If you are caught with between 10 – 35 grams, it is a Class A Misdemeanor
3. If you are caught with between 35 grams – 30 kilograms, it is a Class C Felony
But what you want to avoid is pleading guilty!! Because if you make such a plea, there is nothing you can do about it later. It will become a permanent mark on you record, and will have damaging effects on your future.
The affordable marijuana possession attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their drug charges for over ten (10) years. Our goal is to make sure that the charges leveled against you do not stay on your permanent record, and do any lasting damage. And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis marijuana possession case start at $450. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!