Only $450 To Handle Most Northwoods, MO Marijuana Possession Charges
Do you know what happens if you plead guilty to a Northwoods MO marijuana charge? Do you understand the consequences of deciding to plead guilty?
1. the marijuana charge will become a part of your permanent record
2. this will show up on a criminal background check that someone performs
3. if you have a criminal history, it will be very difficult for you to get a job, or an apartment, or even get into college
4. and for those who may be receiving governmental benefits, a criminal conviction could end those benefits
$450 TO TAKE CARE OF MOST MISDEMEANOR MARIJUANA CHARGES
Instead of dealing with those consequences, here are a few things that a good Northwoods Missouri marijuana attorney can do for you:
1. the attorney can review all of the pertinent facts of your case to see if a dismissal of the charges can be had
2. your lawyer can also take a close look at the possibility of getting the charge reduced to some lesser offense (to something like “littering”)
3. and at the very least, he or she can work out an SIS (suspended imposition of sentence) with the court, which would involve a period of probation
As of January 1, 2017, the following laws regarding marijuana possession went into effect:
1. If you are caught with less 10 grams of marijuana, it is a Class D Misdemeanor (unless you’ve already been convicted on a prior possession charge, in which case it would be a Class A Misdemeanor)
2. If you are caught with between 10 – 35 grams, it is a Class A Misdemeanor
3. If you are caught with between 35 grams – 30 kilograms, it is a Class C Felony
PLEADING GUILTY IS NOT YOUR BEST OPTION!!
But what you want to avoid is pleading guilty!! Because if you make such a plea, there is nothing you can do about it later. It will become a permanent mark on you record, and will have damaging effects on your future.
The affordable marijuana possession attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their drug charges for over ten (10) years. Our goal is to make sure that the charges leveled against you do not stay on your permanent record, and do any lasting damage. And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis marijuana possession case start at $450. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!