Only $450 To Handle Most Overland, MO Misdemeanor Marijuana Possession Charges
There are several things that will happen if you plead guilty to an Overland, MO marijuana possession charge. Understanding what those consequences are is something you should definitely know:
- When you plead guilty to the crime, it becomes a part of your permanent record
- If a criminal background check is run under your name, this conviction will show up
- Getting a job (or renting an apartment) is much more difficult with such a record
- And if you are currently receiving governmental benefits (like food stamps or unemployment benefits), then those benefits could be revoked
Here are some positive things that a good Overland Missouri marijuana attorney can do for you:
- Your lawyer can look into all the facts surrounding your case to see about getting the charges dismissed
- In addition, your attorney can work closely with the local prosecutor to see about getting the charges reduced (to something minor, like “littering”)
- And at the very least, he or she can work out an SIS (suspended imposition of sentence) with the court, which would involve a period of probation
As of January 1, 2017, the following laws regarding marijuana possession went into effect:
- If you are caught with less 10 grams of marijuana, it is a Class D Misdemeanor (unless you’ve already been convicted on a prior possession charge, in which case it would be a Class A Misdemeanor)
- If you are caught with between 10 – 35 grams, it is a Class A Misdemeanor
- If you are caught with between 35 grams – 30 kilograms, it is a Class C Felony
But what you want to avoid is pleading guilty!! Because if you make such a plea, there is nothing you can do about it later. It will become a permanent mark on you record, and will have damaging effects on your future.
The affordable marijuana possession attorneys at The Bankruptcy Company, have been helping people with their drug charges for over ten (10) years. Our goal is to make sure that the charges leveled against you do not stay on your permanent record, and do any lasting damage. And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis marijuana possession case start at $450. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!