Only $450 To Handle Most Pagedale, MO Misdemeanor Marijuana Possession Charges
There are a number of negative consequences when someone decides to plead guilty to a Pagedale MO marijuana charge:
1. a guilty plea will result in a drug conviction on your permanent record
2. this means that the charge will show up on a criminal background check
3. if you are wanting to get a job (or an apartment, or a student loan), then it will be a lot more difficult
4. and for those who are currently receiving governmental benefits, a drug conviction on your record could result in a loss of those benefits
$450 TO TAKE CARE OF MOST PAGEDALE MO MARIJUANA POSSESSION CHARGES
If you do not want to deal with the outcomes described above, then here are a few things that a good Pagedale Missouri marijuana attorney can do instead:
1. all of the facts of your case can be closely examined by your attorney to see if there is a possibility of a dismissal
2. even if a dismissal cannot be had, your lawyer can work with the local prosecutor to see about getting the charges reduced (to something like “littering,” which does not even show up on your record)
3. or at the very least an SIS can be worked out with the court; this stands for Suspended Imposition of Sentence, in which a period of probation is handed down (and if you stay out of trouble during that period, then the charges drop off altogether)
As of January 1, 2017, the following laws regarding marijuana possession went into effect:
1. If you are caught with less 10 grams of marijuana, it is a Class D Misdemeanor (unless you’ve already been convicted on a prior possession charge, in which case it would be a Class A Misdemeanor)
2. If you are caught with between 10 – 35 grams, it is a Class A Misdemeanor
3. If you are caught with between 35 grams – 30 kilograms, it is a Class C Felony
PLEADING GUILTY IS NOT YOUR BEST OPTION!!
But what you want to avoid is pleading guilty!! Because if you make such a plea, there is nothing you can do about it later. It will become a permanent mark on you record, and will have damaging effects on your future.
The affordable marijuana possession attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their drug charges for over ten (10) years. Our goal is to make sure that the charges leveled against you do not stay on your permanent record, and do any lasting damage. And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis marijuana possession case start at $450. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!