Only $450 To Handle Most Pasadena Hills, MO Misdemeanor Marijuana Possession Charges
Are you thinking about pleading guilty to misdemeanor marijuana charges in Pasadena Hills, MO? If so, you should be aware of the consequences:
1. when you plead guilty, it becomes a part of your permanent record
2. it is a part of your record, then anyone who performs a criminal background check on you will see it
3. potential employers and landlords run these kinds of checks when you apply for a job or apartment (which will make things difficult)
4. and for those of you currently enjoying governmental benefits (like food stamps or housing vouchers), a criminal conviction on your record could put those benefits in jeopardy
$450 TO TAKE CARE OF MOST PASADENA HILLS MISSOURI MARIJUANA CASES
On the other hand, here are a few things that an experienced Pasadena Hills Missouri marijuana lawyer can do for you:
1. your attorney can closely examine all the relevant facts of your case to see if he can get it thrown out
2. a lawyer can work closely with the local prosecutor to get the charges reduced to a lesser infraction (to something like “littering”)
3. or in the alternative, the St. Louis criminal defense attorney can work out an SIS (suspended imposition of sentence) with the court; this would involve a period of probation, after which the charges drop off altogether
As of January 1, 2017, the following laws regarding marijuana possession went into effect:
1. If you are caught with less 10 grams of marijuana, it is a Class D Misdemeanor (unless you’ve already been convicted on a prior possession charge, in which case it would be a Class A Misdemeanor)
2. If you are caught with between 10 – 35 grams, it is a Class A Misdemeanor
3. If you are caught with between 35 grams – 30 kilograms, it is a Class C Felony
PLEADING GUILTY IS NOT YOUR BEST OPTION!!
But what you want to avoid is pleading guilty!! Because if you make such a plea, there is nothing you can do about it later. It will become a permanent mark on you record, and will have damaging effects on your future.
The affordable marijuana possession attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their drug charges for over ten (10) years. Our goal is to make sure that the charges leveled against you do not stay on your permanent record, and do any lasting damage. And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis marijuana possession case start at $450. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!