Only $450 To Handle Most Pine Lawn, MO Misdemeanor Marijuana Possession Charges
Do you have a good understanding of what happens when someone pleads guilty to a misdemeanor Pine Lawn MO marijuana possession charge?
- It will become a criminal conviction on your permanent record
- If someone does a criminal background check on you, they will see the conviction
- This will make it difficult to get a decent apartment or job (or even a student loan)
- And if you are currently receiving governmental benefits (like food stamps or unemployment benefits), then those benefits could be revoked
Do you know what an experienced Pine Lawn Missouri marijuana possession attorney can do for you?
- He or she can examine all of the relevant facts of your case to see about getting the charges dropped or dismissed
- He or she can very often get the possession charge reduced to a minor infraction that does not show up on your record at all
- And at the very least, he or she can work out an SIS (suspended imposition of sentence) with the court, which would involve a period of probation
As of January 1, 2017, the following laws regarding marijuana possession went into effect:
- If you are caught with less 10 grams of marijuana, it is a Class D Misdemeanor (unless you’ve already been convicted on a prior possession charge, in which case it would be a Class A Misdemeanor)
- If you are caught with between 10 – 35 grams, it is a Class A Misdemeanor
- If you are caught with between 35 grams – 30 kilograms, it is a Class C Felony
But what you want to avoid is pleading guilty!! Because if you make such a plea, there is nothing you can do about it later. It will become a permanent mark on you record, and will have damaging effects on your future.
The affordable marijuana possession attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their drug charges for over ten (10) years. Our goal is to make sure that the charges leveled against you do not stay on your permanent record, and do any lasting damage. And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis marijuana possession case start at $450. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!